Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Note card/pad

These are note pads that I made to go in a packet for our ladies that will be going to the fall Women of Faith conference in Dallas this year. This is 4 of them. I made a total of 36 for the ladies to each have one.

Materials:
Patterned paper at least 8 1/2 x 11", one sheet for each note pad you plan to make
Framelits Labels Collection dies (#125598)
Trust God stamp set (#126702)
Every Little Bit stamp set (#120558)
Solid cardstock, color of your choice
Ink pad, color of your choice
Magnetic tape

For the title on the front cover, I typed the theme and theme scripture on my computer and used a computer graphic from Print Shop. I sized it to fit in a space 1 1/2 x 2." I dulipicated this design 12 times on my paper. Then I printed it out and cut it with my Framelits Labels die and my Big Shot. I cut the next larger size of the Framelits Labels die out of the solid cardstock. I used a purple because that is the color the church group has chosen for their conference t-shirt. The theme and scripture was chosen by the Women of Faith organization.



After cutting out the pattern here I scored, folded and glued the tab to form a pocket on the inside.

I stamped the verse from the Trust God stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink on the inside.

I cut 2 small piece of magnetic tape and placed on the inside as shown. This provides a closure for the note card.

I slipped a hand made note pad measuring 3 1/4 x 4 3/4" in the pocket of each card. The note pad is simple to make. If you want lined paper, use notebook paper. If you want plain paper, use type or computer paper. I put 12 sheets on each pad but the number of sheets on the pad is up to you. I stamped a cute stamp in different spots (top, bottom, left, right) on the note papers.

To make the note pads stick together, I cut a piece of white cardstock the same size as the note paper, 3 1/4 x 4 3/4." I placed the card stock on the bottom of my 12 sheets and stacked several of them together. Be sure to tamp the end and side down so that the pads will be even.

When there are several pads stacked together (one on top of the other), place a heavy book or other heavy items that will cover the entire pad on top of the stack. You might want to place a piece of waxed paper between the pads and the book to protect the book.

Pour about an inch circle of Elmer's glue on a plate. Use an old paintbrush or sponge brush to dip into the glue. Paint the glue onto the top end (one end only) of the stack of note pads, covering completely. Allow 1 -2 hours for the glue to dry before you remove the heavy weight. After they have dried, gently peel each pad from the others in the stack behind each piece of cardstock.

You are ready to put the note pad in the pocket of the note card. These are simple & fun to make and will make a cute add on to a gift or gift packet for friends, teachers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment