Friday, June 20, 2014

Accordion Fold Card

This past Saturday, I spent some time making an accordion fold card for my husband for Father's Day. Now, I know that it's too late for you to make something for Father's Day but this type of card can be made for many different occassions, anniversaries, birthdays, baby events, etc.
Materials needed:
Plaid Paper Journeys Accordion Cards
Countryside stamp set (#120495)
Need for Speed stamp set (#122717)
Harvest Blessings stamp set (#126452)
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (#115370)
Various patterned papers
Night of Navy card stock
White card stock
Really Rust ink pad
Ruby Red ink
Wild Wasabi ink
Night of Navy ink
Creamy Carmel ink
Early Expresso ink
Cardmaker's Card Quotes by Hot Off the Press
DCWV Quote Sticker Stack, family
Xyron Create a Sticker 150
Word Window punch
Modern Label punch
Baked Brown Sugar twine

I used several things that were pre-made to make it easier on me. I can make my own accordion fold card/book, but since Plaid already has one made for you, it's a whole lot easier.
1. Count the pages you want to decorate. You can do just one side or you can do both sides of the book. The book is 5 x 5" so I cut paper to fit that size. I can 8  pieces. That covered the front & back and the inside pages. Adhere each paper to the book.
2. For my title, I hand lettered it on white card stock. Then I inked the outer edge of the card stock with Night of Navy ink. Stamp a greeting on white card stock with Night of Navy ink. Punch the greeting out with the Word Window punch. Punch a Modern Label from Night of Navy card stock with the punch. Adhere the greeting in the center of the card stock label. Adhere that to the bottom left side.
3. Tie a piece of twine about 12" long around the left edge of the card. Tie 2 or 3 more pieces of twine around other folds in the card.
4. My husband like machines so I chose tractors, cars, boats, etc for the images on my card. You can use whatever images your person likes. There are so many stamps available covering just about everything you can imagine from SU and from local stores. I stamped all of the images that I planned to use on white card stock with varying colors of ink.


5. Cut out all the images. The ones that are small enough run through the Xyron machine. I also run some of the quotes through the machine. I think it makes it easier.
Then you can peel them off and place on the pages as you wish. I placed or adhered an image and a quote or saying on each of my pages.




 
I could have put a lot more work into this project but this says I love you & I'm glad you're the father of my children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment