Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pyramid Pen/Marker Holder



This is the marker holder that I made for me to use. I've read that markers are supposed to be stored flat so this will do that job quite well. I've organized my markers by color groups. Here's how you do it.

Empty Pringles cans will work well for this but that's not what I used. My husband is custodian at our church so I had him collect the core of the paper towel rolls that go in the machines. They are very heavy duty and have a plastic end to go on the back side. You need 10 cans or end rolls to make this.

  1. I cut my patterned paper to measure 7 1/2 x 9." For Pringles cans or other items, you will need to measure the length of your can and the distance around the can to find what size to cut your paper.

2. I put Sticky Strip (#104294) on three sides of the paper. This is a strong heavy duty tape that hold well.
I put one strip of Sticky Strip on the can that I plan to cover.


Do NOT take the red off of any of the strips yet.
3. Pull the red off the strip on the can. Line up your patterned paper so that it goes over this strip but is also straight with both ends. Be sure this is the side that does NOT have sticky tape on it.
Carefully, pull the beginning off of one strip of Sticky Strip tape. As you slowly pull the red tape cover off, press the paper to the can. Then do the same with the other end of the can/paper. Now, pull off the last red cover and overlap the paper and press to stick.
Repeat to cover all of your cans.
4. With your hot glue gun, run a bead of hot glue down the seam of the paper that you've wrapped around the can. Press this to the seam on the next can.

Continue hot gluing 4 cans together for your bottom row.


5. Now put hot glue on top, to the sides of your next cans and place three cans on the second row of your pyramid.
6. Build the third row with two cans and the top row with one can. Hot glue each of the cans on top of the others.
7. You can add a wide ribbon and tie a bow at the top if you wish like in the first picture. You don't have to hot glue the bow on but I would recommend it. Now just organize your pens and markers in your pyramid!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these instructions. I hope to make mine this week

    ReplyDelete