Friday, March 23, 2012

Rosemary

I wanted a fairly simple card for my class I'm doing tomorrow at an event. This is for some ladies who have no experience in card making or very limited experience. I've also included in this a short tutorial on stamping different colors on the same stamp. You may or may not already know how to do this.

I used Old Olive DSP from the Brights paper collection(#117155). I cut it to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2."
Whisper White cardstock is 2 1/2 x 3"
Certainly Celery is 2 3/4 x 3 1/4"
Marina Mist is 3 x 3 1/2"
Herb Expressions stamp set(113224)

1. I used the Old Olive Stampin Write marker(#100079) and the Island Indigo Stampin Write marker.
Use the brush tip to color the leaves and stems Old Olive. Use the brush tip of the Island Indigo to color the flowers. I used the Island Indigo on the words on this stamp. Right before I'm ready to stamp this, I huff or breath on the colored ink to freshen it. The breathing helps to put moisture back into your color. Stamp on your white cardstock.

2. I sponged the edges with Old Olive classic ink. Mount each of these, stamped image, Certainly Celery and Marina Mist. Then adhere to the center top of the patterned paper.

3. I cut a strip of Marina Mist 1/2" Scallop Dots ribbon (#122986) to about 6 1/2." Apply adhesive to the back and place about an inch from the bottom of the card, wrapping the ends around the back.

Like I said this is a fairly simple card that I hope will show these ladies how much fun card making can be. I also hope that if you haven't used your markers on your rubber stamps before that you will give it a try.

If you are not familiar with the blooms on the herbs in the Herb Expressions set, the thyme blossom is a pale pink, rosemary has a blue blossom and basil has a pinkish-purple flower. Of course, lavender has a lavender color flower. I don't know if the color was named for the flower or the flower named for the color but it is one that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment