Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Flower in Frame

This was a fun card to make! I guess I say that about almost all of my cards but that's because I love making cards & coming up with something I haven't done before.

1. For the background, I used Whisper White card stock and my Textured Impressions Stripes(#123128) embossing folder. I've used the stripes on other papers but it really shows up on the white cardstock.

2. I cut the frames from Rich Razzleberry design in the Summer Smooches DSP(#125409). The Old Olive green is the reverse side of the paper. I used the Framelits Dies Labels Collection(#125598) that is in the current mini catalog until April 30 to cut the concentric frames. I simply flipped the green side over to give it a contrasting look. I just got this set and really look forward to having more time to play with it!  Adhere it all with your adhesive across all of the cuts.

3. The flower was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with a flower from the Field Flowers (#122762) set with Rich Razzleberry ink.

4. Cut it out with the Extra Large Oval punch(#119859) and adhere it to the center.

5. The brad on the bottom left corner is a Summer Smooches Fabric designer brad(#125589). I tied a strip of Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon(#109025) around the card stock and tied a bow to dress it up.

6. I always put my card front on a piece of 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" white cardstock scored at 4 1/4." The new Simply Scored Scoring Tool (#122334) that is in the current mini catalog is great for scoring your cards or anything that you need scored!

No comments:

Post a Comment