Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Summer Smooches Butterfly card

Ok, I haven't adhered this card front to my base paper yet. I can't decide which way I want it to go. Do you like the hortizonal or the vertical way best?
Vertical - It would open from the side.

Horizontal - It would open from the bottom.


The background paper is from the Summer Smooches DSP(#125409) that was just released April 1. The smaller butterfly and the frame is cut from the other side of the same sheet. Don't you just love double sided paper! You don't have to worry about what matches. Of course, SU! makes that pretty easy anyway.

You can't really tell from this picture but I put a piece of the Daffodil Delight pattern in my Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots(#117335) embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot(#113439) first.
Then I fit 2 dies from the Framelits Labels collection(#125598) on that and ran that through my Big Shot to cut out my frame. I adhered the frame off center near the top onto my background paper that had been cut to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4."

The daisy was stamped with Early Espresso classic ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock. The stamp is from the 5th Avenue Floral set(#113734). I colored in the seeds in the center with my Early Espresso marker. I cut it by hand and adhered it in the center of the frame.


I cut butterflys out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and the Daffodil Delight side of the patterned paper used for the background using my Beautiful Butterflies Bigz(#114507). I fit one over the other & adhered it. The anntenae was made with thin wire that I had on hand.
Attach it to the back of the butterfly with some adhesive. Curve the wires slightly.

I decided to use SU! Dimensionals (#104430) to pop the butterfly above the frame. Put several on the back side of the butterfly. 

Use a pencil & your fingers to give the wings a slight curve upward.


I added 1/2" Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon(#115613) to finish it off with a bow.

Ok, now which direction do you like best? Vertical or horizontal? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment