Friday, August 24, 2012

Window Curtain card

I have been having such fun playing with my Twitterpated Designer Fabric (#125412). I've always loved fabric, just not so crazy about sewing! When I was in the classroom, I would buy yards of fabric to use on my bulletin boards for the background. I always thought they looked so much nicer than just the big sheets of butcher paper that was in the work room. Well, now, thanks to the SU! designers, I get to play with fabric on my cards.

For this card, I wanted to give the idea of a window curtain or valance across the top. I cut a piece of fabric about 2" wide and 12" long. Using a running gather stitch, I loosely gathered the fabric at the top. I attached it with my Sticky Strip (#104294) to the background paper of the card and then added a scalloped piece of cardstock on top of that. I cut a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock to 1 1/2 x 5 1/2" and punched one edge with the Scallop Edge Border punch(#119882). Putting that on top of the fabric covered up my not so neat stitches and gave it the look of a cornice across the top of the window.
The greeting and the leaves are from the Just Believe stamp set (#120453) and cut out with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch (#119854). The background paper is from the Brights Collection (#117155) paper stack.
The dimensional flowers are made from Marina Mist and Mambo Melon cardstock. Check out my tutorial on paper flowers for directions. I added a couple of drops of Crystal Effects (#101055) to give the flowers the dewdrop look.

Remember, any time that you make larger dimensional flowers like these, not only will they require a larger envelope or box but they require extra postage to mail. Check with your post office for current rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment