Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Super Busy

I do hope that you will forgive me for the next month or so. I don't know if I'll have any time to make cards, much less get them posted on here. I know that I do not have a huge following but I do appreciate those of you who take a look at my cards. I average 400-500 hits a month so I know that there are people looking. I hope you like what you see and get some ideas for it.

The past month has been very busy and the next month is going to be even busier. Some of you are aware that I am a volunteer for Operation Christmas Child. I have volunteered time to OCC for several years but this past February, I became the area coordinator for the Mid-Texas area. We cover 6 counties across the middle of Texas. It is mainly a rural area and we have about 300 miles from east to west. This is our busiest time of year. We are still working on getting some new groups involved in the program and we are getting things ready for national collection week the 3rd week in November. I have several places where I have committed to speak and/or have a display so that will keep me busy. As area coordinator, I seem to be the one who gets to answer all the questions that come up. Sometimes, I have to call or look on the internet to find answers.

In addition to all of my Operation Christmas Child responsibilities, my family has been keeping me very busy this month too and will continue to keep me busy for a while. My brother was in a very serious accident 2 weeks ago and so I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital. I have a cousin who recently passed away and my baby girl (44 years old, but still my baby) will be having surgery on Oct. 29. My husband has elected to have dental surgery next month and I'm having hand surgery. While all of these are not super serious, they have been keeping me very busy. Please pray for my family as we go through these things.

As I have time to make the occasional card, I will try to get it posted on here. Also, hopefully, in December, I will be able to get back to my normal routine and be able to post cards on a regular basis again. Until then, check back from time to time and please have patience with me. I still love card making and hope I can encourage you from time to time. I will be back.

Here are a few pictures from our Count Down Event for OCC that was held on Sept. 20



We have a tail gate theme and lots of door prizes.


Sharon Harvey told about her trip to hand out shoeboxes in Equador


This is me making announcments.


The youth did a skit with the Chick-fil-a cow and the Maggie Moo Ice Cream shop cow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment