Saturday, April 13, 2013

Operation Christmas Child Album/Journal

I went to Orlando, FL to the Operation Christmas Child Global Connect Conference April 4-6, 2013. I was a wonderful trip where I learned a lot about my year round volunteer job in OCC, heard inspiring speakers, met super people from around the world and was able to worship God in ways I had not imagined in a long time.

I've already put together my OCC trip album/journal. It was super easy with the new Epic Day This and That  bundle(#133350) that is available now.

This is what I did to the Journal (131268). I used the stylus from my SU Score board and traced the hexagons on the front cover. Then I cut them from various sheets from the This and That Epic Day DSP (#130814) and placed them on the front of the journal. I wrote with my Midnight Muse marker and cut some from the conference papers for the front cover.
Love the pocket pages on the first and last journal pages to hold all the little things that you collect on a trip or during the day.

I treated mine very much like a mini scrapbook album. With the pages already covered in coordinating patterned papers it made it really easy to just add my pictures, journaling & embellishments. I love the Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape (#131269) to add to the pages! Really gives it that something extra that we all want on our pages.

The Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers (#131271) were really easy, cool additions to my pages. I don't use lots of stickers like I did when I first started scrapbooking but these made great journal blocks and had great sayings that really went with my pages. I wrote on the stickers with my Midnight Muse marker. I was even able to use my Remember This and That Rotary Stamp(#130133) on these pages.

Used some more of the stickers and Washi tape to embellish these pages.

The This and That Journal measures 8 x 6" and has 30 double sided pages with 2 pocket pages. The cover is sturdy chipboard that you can cover any way you want. The wire spiral binding makes it easy to turn each page. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was hard to write close to the spiral because I had no place to lay my hand.
The Epic Day This and That Bundle is available from me or your Stampin' Up! demonstrator until April 30. From what I read, I suspect that this will be included in the new catalog that will be out in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment