Friday, November 23, 2012

Monarchs birthday card

Ok, so I know it's a little late for Monarch butterflies to come through but not really too much! They usually come through Central Texas in September so I'm just a couple months late. Besides, most people like butterflies any time of the year.

Marina Mist cardstock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" & scraps
Daffodil Delight cardstock 4 x 5 1/4"
Wild Wasabi cardstock 3 x 4"
Tangerine Tango cardstock scraps
Perfect Punches stamp set (#120516)
Midnight Muse In Color ink
Basic Black classic ink
Daffodil Delight1/4" Grosgrain Stitched ribbon (#126872)
3/8" Designer Printed Brads (#122940)
Beautiful Wings Embosslits (#118138)

This card is pretty self explanatory just by looking at the picture. The one thing that you might wonder is the black on the butterfly wings. Simple, after I ran the embosslit through my Big Shot, I lightly rubbed each butterfly across my black ink pad. The embossed parts picks up the color but leaves the rest of the cardstock the original color. If you have trouble with this on the stamp pad, then try using a sponge dauber. You shouldn't have trouble unless you have a heavy hand.

Just love the embosslits! I put the die & the paper together & run it through my Big shot and it cuts and embosses at the same time! Super easy and saves a step. How great can you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment