Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Get ready for Christmas





Yes, us crafters have to start getting ready for Christmas early. For some of us, September is even a bit late to start! Here are 3 cards that I made from the gift that came with the September Quick Cards Made Easy magazine. The stamps and embossing folder are made by Tiddly Inks and Christy Crolf.

I colored them with Watercolor Crayons that I got from SU! a few years ago. I've tried using the new Blendabilites markers that SU has come out with and I just have not been satisified with my results. Maybe I need to play with them more. Don't know. In the meantime, I'll use coloring methods that I know I can do. lol

The papers, card stock, ribbons, & buttons are also from SU! I think that they are all retired items so I'm not going to post the item numbers for them. I know that you can find papers that will look great.

From now until Thanksgiving, I'll be really busy with Operation Christmas Child. As an area coordinator for OCC, I volunteer all year long but things get really busy in the fall. I know that I will still be making cards but I don't know how much time I'll have for posting them on the internet. I will try not to have any lapses in my posting, but if I miss a few days, please check back again. I'm not planning on stopping my blog. Sometimes, life just gets in the way.

BTW, if you live in the Central Texas area, we will be having our Kick Off Rally on Sept. 20 from 9:30-1;30 with a free lunch. Come learn more about OCC. We have some great things planned. We will also have a silent auction where I'll have 3 sets of cards for sale to benefit our OCC program. One set will be a Christmas set, including these 3 cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment