Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Butterflies and Flowers

I found these butterflys at Dollar Tree when I was in there a few days ago looking for items for my Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. There were 2 butterflies on a card for a dollar. I used papers from my scrap box, adhesive, glue dots, and brads to put these together in just a few minutes.


Materials needed:
Burlap & feather butterflies
Mellow Moss and Lost Lagoon card stock, each 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Night of Navy card stock 3 1/2 x 3 1/2"
Old Olive card stock 2 x 2 1/2"
Patterned paper from Greenhouse Gala
Tangerine Tango card stock
Tangerine Tango ink
White card stock
Word Window punch
Modern Label punch
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
Brads
Glue dots

1. I cut the card stock and patterned paper to fit from the scraps that I had and adhered them to the background card stock.
2. I placed several glue dots to the body of the butterfly and a couple to one wing. These butterflies have a heavy body so I put 5 or 6 glue dots on each one to hold it in place.
3. Stamp the greetings on white card stock and punch out with the word window punch. Put out a modern label from Tangerine Tango card stock. Adhere together.
4. Adhere the greeting to the top right of the card and secure in place with brads. The brads on the blue background are brads that I've had for several years.The ones on the green background are from SU and I've had them a couple of years. These were the last ones I had so that's why I didn't use the same brads on each card.

No comments:

Post a Comment