Monday, September 22, 2014

The Earth Laughs in Fall Flowers

We had our Operation Christmas Child rally last Saturday. We had a really good turnout and had lots of fun. We hope that everyone is getting geared up now to pack more shoeboxes and allow more gospel opportunities for children around the world. Maybe I'll have a bit more time now to post instructions for my cards. If you have any suggestions, just leave a comment.
Here's a card with some colors for fall.

Materials needed:
Fabulous Florets stamp set (#123027)
Greenhouse Gala patterned paper (117167, retired)
Wild Wasabi card stock 3 1/4 x 4 1/4"
So Saffron card stock 2 1/2 x 3 3/4"
White card stock
Tangerine Tango ink
Scallop border punch
Dotted Scallop border punch
Corner Rounder punch
Everyday Enchantment Organdy ribbon (or other ribbon)
   Lucky Limeade
   Calypso Coral
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
Xyron Little X

1. After you cut your card stock to the sizes named, then punch your border. I punched the dotted scallop border on the Wild Wasabi and the scalloped border on the So Saffron card stock.
2. Stamp you flower image in Tangerine Tango ink. Cut it out. Place dimensionals on the back of the cut out image. Place it on the So Saffron card stock.
3. Adhere the Wild Wasibi card stock on top of the patterned paper and the So Saffron on top of the Wild Wasibi card stock as shown in the picture.
4. I usually run my tape runner down the back of my ribbon to adhere it to the card. This ribbon is very thin so I ran it through my Little X sticker maker. That put adhesive on the back of the ribbon without me making a mess on everything else. Then I simply peel the ribbon off of the backing paper and placed it on the right hand side of my patterned paper.
5. Because I had room, I placed my greeting strip in the Little X beside the ribbons. Then I adhered it over the green and yellow card stock.
6. Adhere the card front to a card base and you are ready for your fall greeting to a friend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment