Friday, January 2, 2015

Music Card

I've been thinking about this for several months now but just haven't had time to do much about it. So often on Sunday morning, when I listen to  a special song during church, I've thought how that song blessed me, or lifted my spirits or was just good, I've thought about sending the singer a note to encourage them and let them know how I appreciate their work. Then, when I get home, there is always so much to do that I just don't have time to make a card to send to them. I decided that I would make a bunch of cards just to have on hand for this idea. That way when I want to send a special note, all I have to do is spend a couple minutes writing out a message and then getting the card ready to mail. Here is what I did on New Year's Day.
Nothing quite like making a bunch of the same card, assembly line style.

***Quick tip: I went through my scrap box and picked out all the card stock that was big enough to cut into a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" size. I cut them (about 30) to that size because that is the size I use most often for my cards. Now I've got the card stock ready when I want to make another card.


Materials needed:
Patterned paper with music notes/design by Paper Studio 4 X 5 1/4" each
Card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
White card stock
Music notes stamp by Stampendous
Greeting stamp from Warmest Regards set SU!
Ink pads to match the card stock
Corner Rounder punch

I found 3 different designs of music related paper at Hobby Lobby and cut each into 6 pieces 4 x 5 1/4." That left me with bits of paper 1 1/2" wide.

1. Adhere the patterned paper to the card stock.
2. Stamp the music notes and a greeting on white card stock. Use ink to match the card stock.
3. Cut the music notes to be 1 3/4 x 3 3/4." Cut the greeting piece to be 1 x 2 1/2." Cut the extra patterned paper to 1 1 1/2 x 3 1/3."
4. Adhere the greeting to the piece of extra patterned paper.
5. Adhere the music notes at an angle near the top of the patterned paper/card stock piece. Adhere the greeting to the bottom center of the patterned paper.
6. Adhere this to a card base and you are ready to write a special message to someone.

I love to have matching envelopes for my cards. I don't always do this but often. I stamped the music notes on the left side of the front of the envelopes in colors to match the cards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment