Saturday, June 27, 2015

Victorian Birthday Card

Well, bringing the flu B back from my trip to Tanzania has really thrown me for a loop! I hadn't gotten the flu in probably 30 years, since I started taking the flu shot. They said that this year the flu mutated and the shot wasn't as effective. I really felt bad for a couple of weeks. I'm doing a lot better now but I still have that lingering cough!

Here's a card I made for some of my July birthdays.


Materials needed:
White card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Lost Lagoon card stock SU! 4 x 5 1/4"
Pink stripe patterned paper 3 3/4 x 5"
Dazzles stickers by Hot Off the Press
Birthday stamp, Vintage Rose Garden stamp set by Jennifer Ellory
Whisper White 5/8" Ribbon Organza SU (#114319)
Lost Lagoon stamp  pad SU
Ticket corner punch
Glue Dots
Stampin' Dimensionals SU

This card is simple to assemble after you cut your papers to size. 
1.Punch all four corners of the Lost Lagoon card stock and the patterned paper with the ticket corner punch. 
2. Stick the lacy stickers across the patterned paper about 1" from the bottom and wrap around to the back.
3. Adhere about 6" of the ribbon just below the stickers on the patterned paper and wrap around the back also. 
4. Use about 6" of the ribbon to tie a bow and place on top of the other ribbon with glue dots. I used 3 to get it to hold in place good.
5. Stamp the greeting with Lost Lagoon ink across the top of the patterned paper.
6. Place Stampin' Dimensionals or other dimensionals on the back of the patterned paper. Adhere it to the Lost Lagoon card stock.
7. Adhere this to the white, folded card stock.
Add a greeting or note to the inside and you are ready for a birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment