Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm proud of my grandson

I've been showing you the cards I've made & sent to my grandson in Marine basic training each week. Thought that I would show you a little bit about what he is going through. This video was filmed at Paris Island, NC. My grandson is at Camp Pendleton, San Diego, CA so, of course, he's not in this video. The marines, whether they are in NC or CA do the same things in basic training. If my memory is correct, my grandson has just finished week 4 of his training. It's hard for me to watch a video and think that they are teaching him to kill other people but I do understand that in combat situations, it's kill or be killed. In that respect, I hope that he learns well!

Yes, I am very proud of the members of my family serving our country. In addition to this grandson in Marine basic, I have another grandson who was in the Air Force for 4 yrs and a son-in-law who is a chaplain in the US Army. They all give me reason to be proud!

Now for a lighter note:
here's another Tim Hawkins video.

Have a happy Sunday! Remember Jesus love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment