Friday, December 27, 2013

The Trees Notecards

Oh, I had fun doing this one. It's simple but I always enjoy when I get to use another media.

Materials needed:
Raspberry Ripple card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (I've also done it on Night of Navy for a good look)
6 x 6 Stencil, Mini Branches from The Crafters Workshop. com
Liquitex Acrylic paint, Titanium White (actually, any brand will do)
Stipple brush

1. Squeeze out a small amount of white paint onto a paper plate. Place the stencil to totally cover the card stock.
2. Pick up a small amount of paint on your brush. Dap some off on the plate. You don't want the brush too full of paint.
3. Use the stipple motion to put paint onto the stencil and card stock starting at the top. Hold the stencil tightly in the section where you are applying the paint. You will move your fingers/hand down to continue holding the stencil in place as you apply paint to the stencil. When finished, pick the stencil straight up from the card stock. Allow the paint 30 - 60 minutes to dry.
4. Take the brush and stencil to the sink and wash paint from the stencil, brush and your hands.
5. After the paint is dry, apply adhesive to the back and adhere it to a card back.
This makes a cool note card. You can do several like this in different colors as a gift to a friend. Later on, when I have more time, I will try adding ribbons, brads or greetings to the front of the card. Have fun using a new medium!

Hope you don't mind if I give my sister a plug here. Look in the Kindle store on Amazon for her novella "The Trees Have Eyes." Her name is M. J. Henry. She has some very good short stories, children's books and a novel on Amazon right now. They are $2.99 each. If you like off beat short stories, you might be interested in her book of short stories titled "Tales from a Dead Cat." I haven't read her novel that is on Amazon yet. I've downloaded it but have been too busy with Christmas to read it yet.

1 comment: