Monday, June 23, 2014

Zentangles


 I recently discovered a new technique (at least, new to me) called zentangle. Most of the zentangle patterns that I've seen are in black and white but I have seen some with colors also. I do like the colors better. There are different ways of doing this but it's basically combining patterns to make your art work. A big part of the patterns are made by alternating blacks and whites in your design. This first one started with double curved lines drawn over and under each other. I then added patterns in the spaces between.
 
This one started with a free hand flower. 


This one is a basic sunrise with the patterns drawn in the sun's rays.
 
In my next post, I will show you  how make a zentangle and then use it for a background on a card.


No comments:

Post a Comment