Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Get Ready Grad




This is the time of year for graduates. Here is another card for a graduate in your life. This one is a bit minimalist but I think it will work for the young man that it's going to.
 
Materials needed:
Perfectly Preserved stamp set (#126692)

Perfect Punches (#120516)
Pacific Point card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Coastal Cabana card stock 4 x 5 1/4"
Crisp Cantaloupe card stock about 2 x 3 1/4"
White card stock
Midnight Muse ink and marker
Crisp Cantaloupe ink
Modern Label punch
Stampin' Dimenionals (#104430)
Art gum eraser
Pencil

1. Using Midnight Muse ink, stamp the jar image from Perfectly Preserved and congratulations greeting from Perfect Punches stamp set. Punch out the greeting with the Modern Label punch. You can punch out the jar image with the Perfectly Preserved dies or just cut it out with scissors.
2. Using Crisp Cantaloupe ink, stamp the jar top on white card stock. Cut it out.
3. I decided to do hand lettering for this card because I didn't have the stamps that said what I wanted. I don't do hand lettering often but when I do, I always use pencil first to get the letters how I want them. What I do most often is sort of a stylized version of the D'Nealian alphabet that is taught in many elementary schools. It is the style that I taught the last several years of my teaching career. On this project, I wrote the "get ready" on crisp cantaloupe card stock and dreams in the center of the jar image. After I had the lettering the way I wanted, I used a Midnight Muse marker to go over the pencil letters. After giving it a brief time to dry, I used an art gum eraser to erase my pencil markers. DO NOT use the eraser at the end of a pencil. It will smear often and is not worth the chance.
I finished my saying on the inside of the card so that it all reads "Get ready to make your dreams come true." 


This completes the thought and uses the same style of letters. After you finish your greeting on the Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, cut it out to measure about 1 x 3."
4. Adhere the Coastal Cabana card stock on top of the Pacific Point card stock. Adhere the jar image in the bottom right corner of the card and the greeting across the top at an angle. Adhere the "congratulatios" vertically on the left side of the card.
5. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the jar lid and place it over the jar at an angle.
6. Adhere the card front on the card base where you wrote the rest of your greeting on the inside.
Now, for most grads, you will want to add your signature on the bottom of a check made out to the grad.

No comments:

Post a Comment