Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another Sympathy

Here is another sympathy card. Actually, all you have to do is change the greeting for it to be most any type of card that you want. I took this one from Dawn Griffith. She had one very much like this a few weeks ago. I actually didn't change it a whole lot.

Materials needed:
Secret Garden stamp set (#129144)
Secret Garden Framelits dies (#129372)
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (#115370)
Bitty Banners framelits dies (#129267)
Basic Black card stock  4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Crisp Cantaloupe card stock 4 x 5 1/4"
White card stock
Greenhouse Gala patterned paper  2 x 5 1/4"
Paper Studio embossing folder
Crisp Cantaloupe ink
Stampin' Pastels (105542)
Cotton swabs or Q Tips
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

1. Place the Crisp Cantaloupe card stock in the embossing folder and run it through your Big Shot machine. Adhere this on to the Basic Black card stock.
2. Adhere the strip of patterned paper about 1/2" from the top of the card.
3. Stamp 3 flower images from Secret Garden stamp set on white card stock.
4. Color the flowers with your pastel chalks (SU! has not carried chalks for a couple of years now.) Use a cotton swab or your fingers to apply the color. I used 2 shades of pink for the flowers. Blend your pastels to give your flowers the shading that you want.
5. Place the framelit die over the flower and run it through your Big Shot. Do this for each flower image. Adhere 2 of the flowers directly on the patterned paper. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of a third flower. Adhere it overlapping the other flowers some.
6. Stamp your greeting on Crisp Cantaloup card stock with Crisp Cantaloup ink. Place the banner die over this and run it through your Big Shot. Rub the edges of the banner across the ink pad to apply a bit of color. Add dimensionals to the back and place it on the top right side of the patterned paper.

I am leaving for North Carolina this morning for an area coordinators conference with Operation Christmas Child. I will be gone until Sunday but I have things set up to get cards on here for Friday & next Monday so be sure you come back to look. While I'm in NC, I will get a tour of the Billy Graham Library, the Samaritan's Purse International headquarters and Operation Christmas Child headquarters in Boone. I know that I will have many opportunities to learn so much about OCC and being an area coordinator. I have such a passion for this charity. We have the chance to be foreign missionaries without ever leaving home. No passport needed! The shoeboxes that we pack go to children in over 130 countries and take the story and the message of Jesus Christ to each of those children. I will post some pictures of my trip when I get back on a day that I don't usually post cards so that, if you are interested, you can see some of what I get to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment