This is definately a mixed media card. With the medias of watercolors, pencils, stamps, and Cricut, you've got a variety of techniques with this card. I had fun playing with it and coming out with this. I hope you like it.
Vintage Verses stamp set (#129633)
Secret Garden stamp set (#129144)
Feels Good stamp set (#129684)
White card stock
Watercolor paper or white card stock
Coastal Cabana card stock
Watercolor pencils (#101879)
1/2" Grosgrain Striped Old Olive ribbon (#13883)
Aqua Painter (#103954)
Old Olive reinker
Marina Mist reinker
Melon Mambo reinker
Daffodil Delight reinker
Bermuda Bay ink
Early Espresso ink
Cricut Wild Card cartridge
Glue dots (#103683)
Stampin' Demensionals (#104430)
1. Start with a piece of watercolor paper that is at least 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" in size. I acutally used a larger piece of paper and then cut it down to the size I wanted after I was finished painting it. Place a drop or two of each reinker on a plastic palette or a foam plate. Be sure to keep them separate, so the colors don't mix.
4. Put adhesive on the back around the "frame" portion of the cut out. You do not need adhesive on the entire oval. Place it on the left side of the card front when the watercoloring is dry.
5. Stamp a flower from the Secret Garden stamp set on white card stock with Early Espresso ink. Use the Watercolor pencils and the aqua painter to color the flower. Don't use as much water on this as you did to do the watercolor background. Be careful so it doesn't run. Cut the flower out.
6. Place dimensionals on the back of the flower and adhere it on top of the oval.
7. Cut a strip of ribbon about 6" long. Place adhesive on the back and press it to the right hand side of the card front. With another piece of ribbon, tie a bow. Place glue dots on the back of the ribbon and press it on top of the vertical ribbon that you already placed.
8. On a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock, stamp a "thanks" greeting in Bermuda Bay ink. Cut around the outside edge of the greeting. Place dimensionals on the back. Press this on the bottom right hand side overlapping the greeting on the oval and the ribbon.
9. When the card front is completed, adhere it to a card base. On the inside of this card, I chose a greeting from the Feel Good stamp set and stamped it with Bermuda Bay ink. Then I added my own personal note of thanks and mailed it to a friend.