When you make this card, you will want to go to the tutorial on the easy triangle pop up that I posted here. That will give you directions on making the center pop up for the card.
Patterned paper downloaded from www.cardmakingandpapercraft.com 4 x 5 1/4"
Birds of a Feather patterned paper (#126899 SU) 3 x 3 3/4', 1 1/2 x 3 3/4", 5 1/2" square
Marina Mist card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
White card stock
Tag from Quick Cards Magazine
Create a Cupcake stamp set (#121915)
Best of Birthdays stamp set (#132929)
Brights Brad collection (#119740)
Early Espresso ink
Pacific Point ink
Syamore Street 1/4" ribbon, Island Indigo (#130812, SU retired)
Corner Rounder punch
As you can see from my materials list, it's not unusual for me to use patterned papers or other items that are already retired or that might be from a source that is difficult for you to get. When you don't have access to the papers I use, just look through the papers that you do have. Find colors that go together and make it your own. You are the artist and you can create something wonderful. Just copy my ideas and put something together to make it your own. That's what I do!
1. Create your card front first. Cut the papers the sizes listed above. Round the corner on the 2 top pieces. Place adhesive on the backs and put them in place. Each piece is about 1/4" from the top, bottom & between the two papers.
2. Adhere the tag to the top of the smaller patterned paper on the bottom of the card. Center the tag.
3. Punch holes on each side of the tag. Add brads that go with your colors. I used orange here to bring out the orange lettering on the tag.
4. Wrap the Island Indigo ribbon around the 3 x 3 3/4" piece of paper and tie it in a bow. I am not a good bow tie-er, so I do mine in 2 parts. I adhere a strip of ribbon to the paper first. Then I use another piece to tie the bow. I put it in place using glue dots. That just seems to work better for me.
5. Stamp the cupcake bottom and top on white card stock. I used Early Espresso for the icing and Pacific Point for the bottom. Cut the out. Adhere the bottom just above the ribbon. Place a Stampin' Dimensional on the back of the icing image. Press it above the cupcake bottom.
6. Adhere this entire card front on to the Marina Mist card stock (scored & folded at 4 1/4") leaving a border all the way around.
Now you are ready for the inside.
8. Cut out the birds from a piece of Birds of a Feather patterned paper. Adhere the birds onto the pop up piece. Look where the folds are for the piece. You will want to put adhesive on the tail 1/2" of the bird. Place the birds so that 1/2" of the bird is sticking across the fold part.
10. Now you are ready to look back at the easy triangle pop up tutorial and adhere the pop up to the inside of the card base.
11. Use the random dots stamp from Create a Cupcake set to stamp Pacific Point dots randomly on the crd stock and the patterned paper.
12. Stamp a cupcake & saying from the Best of Birthdays set in Pacific Point ink on white card stock. Cut out around it. Adhere it to the right side of the card inside.
13. Be sure you check the fold several times to make sure that it does fold correctly in the card. If you have problems with it, look back through the tutorial to see where you might have gone wrong.