Friday, July 18, 2014

Simple Butterfly Flight

Some of May, all of June and into July have been very busy months and somewhat difficult. We had house repairs going on, events with Operation Christmas Child, a vacation to see grand daughter graduate high school in North Carolina, being stuck overnight because of weather in Houston, surgery and recovery. I'm looking forward to trying to figure out what "normal" is again. The recovery has been what the doctor says is expected but it's not been what I expected. I guess as you get a little older, the body doesn't want to recover quite as quickly as it used to. Oh well, I am recovering and that is what's important.

I do enjoy doing lots of layers and embellishments on my cards sometimes but other times call for sweet and simple. That's what this card is. I don't know exactly where the stamp set came from. I've had it for 2 or 3 yrs and am just getting around to using it. It's one of those acrylic or polymer sets that I picked up at a store in the area. Knowing me, it was either Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart.


 I stamped the flight of butterflies directly onto the Lost Lagoon card stock with Primrose petals ink.
I wrapped some Primrose Petals twine around the card and tied in a square knot. I fringed out the individual strands a bit. I stamped the large butterfly on white card stock and cut it out with my scissors. I placed Stampin' Dimensionals on the back and put it over the other butterflies and the twine. Simple and easy but still a nice card.

No comments:

Post a Comment