Friday, July 11, 2014

Blooming Birthday card

When I saw the "Bloom with Hope" hostess stamp set in the new SU! catalog, I knew I had to get it. So when my sweet hubby asked me what I wanted for our anniversary and my birthday (2 weeks apart), I told him money! That way I was able to order enough SU! from the new catalog that it would qualify for a party & I could get my hostess set that I wanted. I was also able to play with the new SU!Blendabilities Markers that are in the new catalog. I've been playing with them but this is the first "real" card that I've used them on. Hope you like them.


Sorry this card is sitting side ways.
 
Materials needed:
Bloom with Hope hostess stamp set (#133952)
Crisp Cantaloupe card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Lost Lagoon card stock
White card stock
Stampin' Blendabilities markers Daffodil Delight Asst. (#130998)
Color Lifter (#129369)
Memento ink pad (#132708)
Lost Lagoon 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon (#133672)
Modern Label punch (#119849)
Framelits Labels Collection (#125598)



One cool thing about this card is that you can use it for more than one occassion. The stamp set has stamps for both birthday and sympathy. I think it will work for either one. Here is the card with the sympathy greeting.

 
It's easy to see what to do to build this card. If you have never used the blendable alcohol ink markers, you may need to practice some before you actually place it on a card or project. With this one, at first I colored the center section (the seeds) the same color as the flower. I didn't like that so I went over it with the light Pumpkin Pie marker. I wasn't sure how it would come out but I think it did ok. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment