Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Birthday Flowers


It's been a while since I've put silk flowers on my cards. When I came across these in my closet, I thought it would be fun to use some on a card again.

Materials needed:
Flower Shop stamp set (SU #130942)
Gingham Garden patterned paper  4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Primrose Petals ink
Wild Wasabi ink
5 Petal punch
Framelits labels dies
Brads
Sponge Dauber
Stampin' Dimensionals
Birthday stamp


There are lots of places where you can get silk flowers for your cards and other projects. My favorite way to get these is to buy a large bunch of flowers when I can find them for 50% off, usually at Hobby Lobby. When I get them home, I tear them to pieces. I pull all the petals away from the plastic stems. If they have a leaf that I like, I pull some of them off too. I take out any left over plastic bits and throw away the plastic stems. I then put the flowers and leaves in large zip lock style plastic bags. There are other places that you can buy flowers. Often you can find them in packages or bottles at your local craft store. They have some that are beautiful. It just depends on what your needs are for these.

1. Stamp several flower images and cut them out with scissors or with the 5 petal punch. Lay them aside.
2. Stamp your greeting on white card stock. Choose the framelits die that fits over your greeting nicely and cut it out with your die cut machine. Mine is a Big Shot.
3. Using a sponge dauber and Wild Wasibi ink, gently brush the edges of the label die cut. 
4. Place a small silk petal on top of a larger petal to make your flower. Insert a brad in the hole that is in the center of the silk petals or flowers. Punch a hole in the top left and the bottom right corners of your patterned paper. You might want to lay the flowers down on the paper first to see exactly where you will need your hole punched.  Insert the brad through the flowers and the hole. Bend over on the back side. Adhere this to your card base.
5. Place 3 to 5 stamped petals on the card to see a pleasing arrangement. Glue them down.
6. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the greeting on the die cut. Adhere this over the center of the card and over some of the stamped flowers. 
That's all there is to it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment