Monday, March 23, 2009



After I adhered all of the tags together, I took a few of my favorite stamps (Fifth Avenue Floral & Best Kind of Friend) and stamped over several of the tags. I stamped in the same ink color as the color of the cardstock. It gives a really nice look that way. Use scrap paper to use as a mask so that the ink goes just where you want it. That means, cover up the areas you don't want stamped with the scrap paper so you stamp only where you want it.

I used some pieces of scrap cardstock and designer paper (Raspberry Tart) to make pockets, journaling boxes and elements to decorate my album.

I finished it up with 1/4" strips of Whisper White grosgrain ribbon. What? It doesn't look like I used Whisper White ribbon? Well, since I'm still new in SU!, I can't afford to have every matching ribbon color available. Soooo... I took 8" pieces of the Whisper White and rubbed it across my Brilliant Blue, Green Galore & Tempting Turquoise ink pads. I left one end for my fingers, used the end of a paint brush to mash down & rubbed the ribbon back & forth on both sides several times in the chosen color. It gave me some beautiful matching ribbons. Be sure you give the ribbon at least 30 min. to dry. Then I tied the ribbons to the tops of each tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment