Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Spring!


Happy Spring everyone!
I know I'm a day late but that just shows you how much attention I pay to the calendar. Here in Central Texas we have been having beautiful weather this week. We had rain last week but that was the first time in quite a long time. The "people who know" have said that it wasn't enough to break the drought so we'll all have to pray for more rain. The farmers need it badly. We all do really!

This great spring weather makes me feel like going for a ride in a pick up truck with all the windows rolled down. That's what I was thinking as I put this card together. The bluebonnets are doing very well this spring because we haven't had enough rain for them but the ones in my front yard & flower bed look really nice! So let's load the back of the pickup with some flowers & take them over to visit friends.

This card is made with a Tempting Turquoise background. I inked my Stampin' Around Fast Flowers wheel with Tempting Turquoise classic ink and ran it across the background paper. Looks like we're trucking through a field of flowers. I made my Stampin' Pastels pop with my blender pens. Just use your blender pen to dip onto the color of pastel that you want to use. Then put it onto your card. Do this lightly & gradually blend the color out onto the image. You'll get a great watercolor look.

I love this Loads of Love stamp set and the accessories set too. That's where this cool pickup came from and the girl & flowers in the bed. This set has some cool phrases with it including "friends for the long haul," "driving by with a birthday hi" and "thought you could use a little pickup!" I'll use the "loads of love!" to send a big hug to all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment