Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Sky's the Limit

I wanted to make a manly card to send to my grandson who is in Marine basic training. This is his second week. We've been told that every week gets harder. He can't receive any phone calls, text messages, emails, etc. The only way we can communicate with him is through regular mail. We can send him nothing except cards & letters. Anything other than that that he receives will be taken from him & put in storage until basic is over. I've been told & I believe it that the Marines is the toughest branch of service in the US. My grandson is a strong young man & I know that he can do it!

2 different patterned papers from Comfort Cafe DSP (#126898), one cut to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4", the other cut to 4 x 3"
Early Espresso cardstock 3 1/2 x 2 1/2"
Sahara Sand cardstock 2 1/2 x 2"
Up, Up & Away stamp set (#122757)
Need for Speed stamp set (#122717)
Bordering Blue classic ink (retired color)
Creamy Carmel classic ink
Crumb Cake classic ink
SU! Dimensionals (#104430)

There is plenty of room on the inside to write a note of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment