Friday, February 28, 2014

Cutting and Stamping

I've done some things a little bit differently with today's card. When I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I felt like I had to use mainly SU! products. While I still love SU, not being a demo any more means I can use any products that I want! And I have lots of products!!
For today's card, I wanted to have something a bit lacy. I looked but found that my supply of doilies was totally empty so I started looking at what else I had available. That led me to my Cricut Expression. I mean, why have a machine, if I'm not going to use it? This is what I came up with combining my Cricut and my Stampin' Up!

Materials needed:
Field Flowers stamp set (#122762)
Melon Mambo card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Coastal Cabana card stock, at least 5 1/2 x 6"
White card stock
Cricut Expression machine
Wild Card Cricut Cartridge p. 39
Dahlia Adornments (#127556)
White fiber or yarn
Wild Wasabi ink
Bermuda Bay ink
Baked Brown Sugar ink
Glue Dots (#103683)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

1. Place the Coastal Cabana card stock on the Cricut sticky mat. Set the machine up for the Wild Card cartridge and use a 5 cutting depth. The cut that I used is found on p. 39 of the Wild Card book. It cuts an oval on both sides.
Cut the two ovals apart and remove all the cut pieces from the design.
2. Place adhesive on the back of the oval frame. It's not necessary to completely cover the design with adhesive. Place it in the center of the Melon Mambo card stock.
3. Stamp the images from the Field Flowers stamp set using Wild Wasabi for the stem and leaves, Bemuda Bay for the flower and Baked Brown Sugar for the seeds.(These are 3 separate stamps.) Stamp this on white card stock. Cut out around the image. Place dimensionals on the back and stick this to the top of the lace oval.
4. Place adhesive directly on to the card stock about 1" from the bottom of the card.
Press the fiber on to the adhesive going across the bottom of the oval and the tip of the flower stem. This is some fiber that I have had for a number of years & I do not remember the name of it. It's real fuzzy and light and sticks easily to the adhesive. Wrap the ends around to the back of the card front.
5. Add some Dahlia Adornments to the top left using glue dots under them.
6. Adhere the card front to a card base to complete your card.



No comments:

Post a Comment