Friday, July 27, 2012

A Quick Tip

You can find free embellishies almost anywhere. You just have to keep you eyes & your inimagation open.
If you buy sheets of stamps like here...







it's not unusual to find a "sticker" across the top of the sheet. It is on the same sticker paper as the stamps and can be used as a decorative element on your cards. I have not checked to see if they are acid free or not.

The banner at the top of this sheet said "Cherry Blossom Centenial" and shows pictures of the cherry blossoms in bloom in Washington, DC. I didn't need the word 'centenial' so I did some cutting and resticking to make what I wanted.



It's hard to see these pale pastel colors on here but maybe you can get the idea of what I did. I cut the sticker just beyond the word centenial. I laid the tail part of the banner over the unwanted word & pieced it to look like the banner ended after blossom. I then trimmed around the banner to use on my card.






Here is how I used it on my card.

Look for this card one day next week for more directions on how to do other parts of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment