Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July


On this July 4th, please remember all of the brave men and women who have sacrificed for us to have a free country. This includes all of those from 1776 to 2012. Not only have many given the ultimate sacrifice of their lives but many more have given time away from their loved ones. Many have missed seeing babies born, children graduate and many special events that most parents just take for granted. When a man or woman is in the military serving our country, they can't just take time off to go see their child be born or celebrate an important birthday or event. Especially, when they are deployed somewhere overseas, they have to miss many family times. This also means that the families are sacrificing for our nation's freedom. The children who miss their mommy or daddy because they are serving overseas are making sacrifices also. The spouces who go to bed by themselves at night time are making sacrifices.

I know. I've watched family members make these sacrifices and I am proud of each and every one of them. From my daughter and my grandchildren who lovingly and somewhat willingly give my son-in-law up so he can be a career Army chaplain to my grandson who spent 4 years in the Air Force. I also have another grandson who will be going to basic training for the Marines in just a few weeks. I love them all and I am very proud of what they are willing to do for our country. Next time you see a person in uniform, take a minute to say "thank you for your service." They really do need to hear it!


All of us in the USA can be proud to be an American!



No comments:

Post a Comment