Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another pop-up card

I've got another pop-up card for you today. It's a little silly, but sometimes we need silly things. Hooray for a sense of humor. Maybe mine's a bit corny but at least, it's there!





1. Cut Tempting Turquoise cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11." Score and fold at 5 1/2."
2. Run a sheet of Whisper White cardstock through your computer to type your question on. I typed "What does a sick duck do?" Then I cut it out at 2 1/2 x 3" and mounted it on 2 3/4" x 3 1/4" green galore cardstock.
3. I stamped my duck from the Wagon Full of Fun stamp set found in the new Occasions mini catalog. I stamped him with Staz-on jet black ink(#101406). Whenever you are going to use water/watercolor on your project, you need to use a good permanent ink. like Staz-on so that the image doesn't smear. I colored it with Watercolor Pencils (#101879) and blender pens (#102845). I love getting a nice soft look with my Watercolor Pencils!
4. With a craft knife or hobby blade (#102449), I carefully cut around 2 sides of his wing so that I could pull it up over the saying mat. I used Snail adhesive to stick him to my card. Then I put the saying mat over his legs & bottom with the wing popping out & over.
5. I put a Certainly Celery ribbon across the bottom of the card to dress it up a bit.
6. Prepare your pop-up section as we did in the directions on Mon or Tues (I don't remember which day). Using VersaMark (#102283)ink for a watermark effect, stamp ducks all over the inside of the pop up section.
7. Stamp and color another duck as you did in step #3 above. Place him upside down on the pop up tab. I cut his feet off because I thought that it would look funny with his feet sticking up in the air. I wrote the word "quack" going up several times on the top portion of this part of the card.
8. Run a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock through your printed and type "It quacks up." on it. Cut that to 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and adhere to the inside of the card below the duck.
9. Finish assembling the pop up card according to the previous directions.
Give it to someone grumpy. Maybe you can get them to smile! Have a great day. I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment