Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Have a happy Thursday!


Hi Erica! Welcome Erica to the blog. She's a friend from the Start a Scrapbook forum.
Today's card is an easy to do one but I think it turned out pretty.
1. I stamped a rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set using Versa Mark ink on Pretty in Pink cardstock. I then sprinkled it with some gold embossing powder and heated with my trusty heat gun until the powder was shiny. After it had cooled, I cut around the outside lines.
2. The circle is stamped on designer paper from the Raspberry Tart paper collection. I stamped the staying from the Best of Friends stamp set. I used deckle scissors to cut the circle around it. I attached it to the card with my good ol' Snail adhesive. I've got a scalloped circle punch ordered! I can't wait to get it & start using it for all sorts of things!
3. I cut a piece of paper from the Raspberry Tart designer series paper collection to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".
4. I cut a piece of Certainly Celery ribbon about 6" long. I wrapped it around the edges to the back of the designer paper & attached with my Snail tape runner.
5. I used Pretty in Pink craft ink to stamp the word "friend" on the ribbon. The friend stamp is in the Fundamental Phrases set.
6. After I had the ribbon in place, I put dimensionals on the back of my rose & then placed it over a portion of the ribbon.
7. After that was together, I taped it all to a piece of 4 1/4 x 11" Whisper White cardstock, scored & folded at 5 1/2.

I like to do most of my cards on patterned paper or cardstock before I put them on the card base. That helps me to be able to hide ribbon ends, brads, etc. so the receiver wonders how I got those on there.

As of our Wednesday TOPS meeting, I have now lost 78 lbs! Woo Hoo!! I've got 18 lbs to go to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment