Monday, April 6, 2009

Naked envelopes


Naked envelopes? You may be asking, "What in the world are naked envelopes?" Well, to me, naked envies are envelopes with no decoration, only addresses. It really is very simple to decorate the outside of your envelope to coordinate with your card. Just take one of the stamps that you used on your card & stamp it on the outside of the envelope in a color that was used for your card. On this envie, I've used a tulip from the Garden Whimsy stamp set (#113502) on the front left hand side of the envie & on the back flap. Stamp slightly off the envie & it will have a more natural look. Ok, I just looked at my post & saw that image on the right side! The way I scanned it, I had to flip it over so the tulip looks like it's on the right hand side. It really doesn't matter which side as long as you don't cover the address.

Another way to decorate the outside of your envie, is to take a piece of scrap patterned paper that was used on your card & using a good glue, adhere it across one side or the bottom of the envelope. My favorite side to use is the left although that's not the only place it will look good.

One further note: Be sure that you do not cover up any part of the address or return address with your decoration. I usually put my return address sticker right over my decoration.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment