Friday, April 10, 2009

cute Easter card




I hope you have a wonderful day today. Remember, this is the day our Lord was put on the cross to die for our sins. The important part is that on Sunday, he arose from the grave & live in heaven now.

This cute Easter card is one that I made last yr. I didn't use Stampin' Up! products on it but, even though I do love Stampin' Up! products, I do have loads of other things too!
1. The paper pieced bunny is really easy to make. I used 3 hand drawn piece on white cardstock (SU! Whisper White is great) but you could used a Cozzule oval to make the large one. The shapes look basically like you see here. One large oval for the body, 2 elongated ovals for ears & the 2 shapes that look like ovals with a bump on them for the feet.
2. Cut the shapes out & ink the edges with Passion Pink.
3. Use the large oval for the base. Glue the 2 feet shapes on the front near the bottom of the oval. Glue the 2 shapes for ears on the back of the oval at the top.
4. Use a fine tip pen like SU! Stampin' Write Journaler to add features to the shapes. I drew long ovals inside the ears, lines on the feet for toes & whiskers and dots for eyes on the face. I used a small pink triangle for a nose.
5. I found ready made bows in pastel colors & attached with glue dots as shown. You could make cute bows out of 1/4" ribbon.
6. The paper I used for the card background came from a 6x6" stack from Nana's Kids that I got at Hobby Lobby. SU! has some really cute designer papers that could be used for backgrounds.
7. I put dimensionals on the back of the bunny so it would pop.
8. On the vertical card, I used a 1/4" strip of Lavender lace cardstock and added a few Easter stickers to dress this background up.

Have fun making these cute Easter cards. I know some kids will love getting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment