Friday, April 3, 2009

Circles, circles, circles





Sorry I haven't shared much creativity this week but I've still been having to do all the follow-up work on the missions conference plus all the things I regulary do (which David says is too much).
Here is a card using circles. Sorry about the pinkish tint to the cards. That's because of the morning sun shining through my window. I did NOT use any pink on this card.

1. I used an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock for the card base, folded in half at 4 1/4". My Certainly Celery is 4 x 5 1/4" and I used glossy photo paper for the design, cut at 3 3/4 x 5."
2. Using my 1-3/8" (#104401) and my 1-1/4" (#109046) circle punches, I cut 8 circles out of scrap cardstock.
3. On my glossy photo paper, I stamped 6 flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral set (#113734) turned different directions with Brilliant Blue ink. Across the center I stamped "Thinking of you" from the Wonderful Watercolors set (#113688).
4. Using a repositional tape, I dabbed a small amount on each circle. Place the circles over the flowers & the saying.
5. With the direct to paper technique (a brayer should work better but I don't have one yet), I applied Tempting Turquoise ink all over the top of the glossy paper. Be sure to pay special attention around the edges of the circles so you will have a circle shape left.
6. Give the ink a few minutes to dry. Then remove the circles from the glossy paper. You are left with the circle look on the card. The Brilliant Blue that you stamped will still show through but the white circles provide a nice contrast.
7. Mount this onto the Certainly Celery cardstock. Then mount that onto your Tempting Turquoise card base.
8. I used about 16-18" of the Certainly Celery twill ribbon from the Sale-a-bration mini but you can could also use the grossgrain ribbon that is found in the catalog.
Hope you like this card and hope my directions are clear. If you like me putting the directions with #s like I've done here better than just writing it out, please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment