Saturday, April 11, 2009

He Is Risen




Here are 2 versions of the same card. Again, today, I did not use any Stampin' Up! products on these cards. The brownish floral paper is from Basic Gray. The green floral paper is from a glitter mat stack that I got at Hobby Lobby. The wording on these "Rejoice He is risen" was done with my Xyron Design Runner & using different fonts. On the Basic Gray card I double matted the wording & used a metal cross that I picked up some where. I inked around the edges of both mats with SU! Classic Bravo Burgundy ink. I love inking the edges of my papers. It's so easy. Just brush the edge of the paper against the ink pad until you have the amount of ink that looks pleasing to you. Inking your papers give it a distressed or old look and also pops it out a bit from the background paper. On the green card, the cross is a sticker. I inked these edges again with Bravo Burgundy ink. I added ribbon and a green floral slider to dress up the card a bit.

On the front of both envelopes, I decorated them with a bit of left over paper making a strip down the left hand side. This adds an extra touch to the presentation of the card.

Enjoy your family at this Easter time and be sure to remember the reason that we have Easter. Yes, Christ died for you & me on Good Friday but the importance of Easter is that He rose again and lives in heaven for eternity now. We serve a RISEN savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment