Friday, April 17, 2009

Another silly card

Good Morning! TGIF!! Another Friday for everyone. Yea! It's into the weekend we go. Have fun tomorrow & get some good down time and family time.





I think this is a cute card that would be great to send to a good friend.
1. Cut Whisper White cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2." Score & fold at 4 1/4."
2. I used striped paper from the Tea Party Designer Series Paper (#113992). I love using patterned paper on my cards. IMO, it makes them look so much brighter & happier.
3. On Whisper White cardstock, I stamped "Lucky Duck," a duck, and 2 eggs from the Wagon Full of Fun stamp set found in the new Occasions mini catalog (#113262). I just love this set. I think it's my favorite in the new mini. You can do so many different things with it!
4. Color your images with your favorite medium. I used Watercolor Pencils (#101879) and blender pens (#102845) to achieve a watercolor look. Cut your images out, with the "lucky duck" 3/4" x 1 7/8." Mat the lucky duck on Bashful Blue cardstock.
5. Using Snail adhesive, put the saying in the top left corner. Put the egg near the bottom of the card & the duck on top to look like it's sitting on the egg. I cut the feet off of the duck because you usually don't see the feet when ducks & chickens are setting.
6. With the second egg, cut it in two by cutting along the zig zag line.
7. On the inside of the card, stamp another duck. Mine is just slightly overlapping the folded edge of the card. Color this duck like the one on front.
8. Glue the bottom half of the egg directly onto the inside of the card. Use 3 dimensions on the back of the top half of the egg so it will pop a bit. Place it above the other egg to look like it's hinged.
9. Using your Stampin' Write Journaler (#105394) or a Stampin' Write marker, write directly onto the inside of the card "You quack me up!" using your best 1st grade printing. (Mine is my best 1st semester 2nd grade printing since that's what I taught forever) With the fine tip of the journaler write "ha" several times like it's coming out of the egg and twice by the duck's beak. I wrote some of them with upper case letters & some with lower case to give it a more varied look.

Hope you enjoy today's card. I think it's a good way to use those Easter egg stamps at any time of the year. All you need to enjoy this one is a sense of humor! The idea from this card came from Jean Fitch, another Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment