Island Indigo cardstock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Crushed Curry In Color cardstock 3 3/4 x 1 3/4" & a scrap at least 3 x 3"
Whisper White cardstock
Versa Mark Pad (#102283)
Staz On Ink pad, black (#101406)
Watercolor Paper (#122959)
Crushed Curry In Color ink pad
Little Friends stamp set (#122667)
Hearts a Flutter stamp set (#129252)
Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (#130159)
Brights Collection Brads (#119740)
1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon So Saffron (#113699)
Heat and stick powder (#100625)
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (#102023)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
Modern Label punch (#119849)
Word Window punch (#119857)
3/16" Corner punch (#119871)
Stampin' Markers, 2-3 shades of each color used
Blender Pen (#102845)
1. Using Staz On ink, stamp your image on watercolor paper (cardstock will work but watercolor paper is better). Color the image with your Stampin' Markers and blender pens. You need 3 shades of most of the colors you want. Start coloring with the lightest color first. Then use the blender pen to smooth the color out. Add the medium color color next to the areas that you want shading. Blend that color. Use the darkest color last to complete your shading. (For a tutorial on this, go to SplitCoast Sampers and search for Marker Layering).
I'm still playing around with the skin colors. On this little boy, I used Saraha Sand and Creamy Caramel for his skin tones.
2. Adhere the completed image to the Crushed Curry cardstock. Put a Stampin' Dimensional under the balloon. Use the Corner punch to round the corners. Adhere this section to the front left hand side.
3. Adhere a stip of ribbon about 5 1/2 -6" long down the right side of the card wrapping the ribbon ends around the edge of the card.
4. Stamp your greeting on white cardstock with Crushed Curry ink. Punch it our with the Word Window punch. Place that on a Crushed Curry punched with the Modern Label Punch. Punch holes on each end of the Modern Label and the Island Indigo cardstock. Add Marina Mist brads to hold it in place over the ribbon.
5. With Crushed Curry ink, stamp a tag image from the Hearts a Flutter set on white cardstock. Stamp the same image on top of it with a VersaMark pad. (If you are worried about lining it up, use a Stamp-a-ma-jig [#101049]. Since I almost always use clear mount stamps, I usually just eye-ball it.)
6. Lay a sheet of paper on your table to catch the excess and sprinkle the tag with Heat & Stick powder. Tap it off. Heat the powder with your heat tool to melt the powder. Sprinkle the Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top. Heat it briefly.
7. Use the Hearts a Flutter die that matches your image and your Big Shot to cut it out. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back and place it over the ribbon near the center.
8. Attach the card front to a card base and get ready to mail!