Friday, September 20, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

I know that it's still 3 months until Christmas but as all crafters know, if you want to have things ready in time, you've got to start making them now. Whether it's hand crafted gifts or cards, the good crafter plans ahead. Well, I'm not planning so well this year. Usually by now, I've got 80-90 Christmas cards ready & waiting for addresses but not this year! I've made 6 or 7 different cards so far but have not decided which one I want to use for this year's card. I may just make several of each & send out a variety this year. Here's the first one for you to start getting your own ideas.
This is a fun card if you like glitter. This is hubby's favorite one so far but I'm not the biggest glitter person!

Materials needed:
Marina Mist card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Dazzling Diamonds glitter (#102023)
Heat & Stick Powder (#100625)
Heat Tool (#129053)
Calm Christmas stamp set (#132739)
Midnight Muse In Color ink or Night of Navy ink
Versa Mark  pad (#102283)

1. Rub the VersaMark pad across the bottom half of the Marina Mist card stock making a curvy pattern at the top part. Cover the area completely with VersaMark. Be sure there are no empty spaces.
2. Using a clean sheet of paper to collect the excess powder, sprinkle the entire section of VersaMark with the Heat & Stick powder. Shake off any excess powder and pour excess back into bottle. Heat the powder until it looks almost liquid.
3. Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the wet heat & stick powder. Shake off excess and pour into bottle. Heat set the glitter.
4. Stamp the dove with Midnight Muse ink on the top left hand side. Stamp the Peace on Earth greeting with Midnight Muse on the center right, above(not on) the glitter section. This stamp set includes a great greeting that you can stamp on the inside of the card. "Wishing you a calm & blessed Christmas filled with the true peace of Christ the Lord." I like this greeting so much that I think I will use it for the inside on matter which outside design I choose.
I'll post more Christmas card ideas, here & there as I continue to post various fall cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment