Friday, November 1, 2013

Amour

This is not my usual style but like everyone, I like to do things different some times. It's also not the fall colors that I had said I'd do for my next card but it's not springy either. I hope you like this one.
I have a stamp that I've been wanting to use so I designed this card around the stamp.

Materials needed:
Soho Subway patterned paper (#130140) 4 x 5"
Rich Razzleberry card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Crushed Curry card stock 3 3/4 x 4"
Whisper White card stock
Artistic Etchings stamp set (#120573)
Dictionary background stamp (#130351) (This is the one I've been wanting to use!)
Rich Razzleberry ink
Baked Brown Sugar In Color ink
Sponge Dauber (#102892)
Glue Dots (#103683)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
Brown button
Twine

1. Adhere the patterned paper to the center of the card stock. You will have a nice colored border around the paper.
2. Stamp the Dictionary stamp in Rich Razzlebery ink on the Crushed Curry card stock. When using large background stamps, I find it easier to take the paper to the ink and press down. Just my preference.
3. Adhere the dictionary stamped image on top of the patterned paper all the way to the right and in the center.
4. Stamp the tower and greeting with Baked Brown Sugar ink. Cut out the tower with your scissors. Use a sponge dauber to add brown in to the edges. Punch out the greeting with the small oval punch. Add brown ink to the edges of that also. Put a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of these images. Adhere the tower to the left side of the Crushed Curry dictionary image and the greeting to the right side of the Crushed Curry.
5. Use a brown button. I used one that I've had for ages. Thread some tan/kraft color thread through the holes and tie. Place one or two glue dots on the back and adhere to the bottom right of the Crushed Curry piece.
6. Place the whole card front onto a card base.
Send this to your favorite literary friend! Or even someone who's not so literary.

No comments:

Post a Comment