Friday, November 29, 2013

Embossed Frame with Flower card



I hope you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday and haven't been too obsessed with the Black Friday sales! Remember to take time to be thankful for all that you have everyday.



Materials needed:

Flower Shop stamp set (#130942)
Crushed Curry card stock 2 3/4 x 4"
Elegant Eggplant card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Whisper White card stock
Designer Frames embossing folder (#123130)
Pretty Print embossing folder (#132175)
Daffodil Delight 1/4" Grosgrain Stitched Ribbon (#126872)
More Mustard ink
Raspberry Ripple ink
Sponge dauber (#102892)
Brights Collection Buttons (#119747)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
Glue Dots (#103683)
embroidery floss or thread

1. Stamp one of the flowers from Flower Shop stamp set on white card stock with More Mustard ink.
2. Place the oval frame from the Designer Frames embossing folders so that the flower fits inside the frame. Build your sandwich for this and run it through the Big Shot machine. Cut it out around the frame edge.
3. Use a sponge dauber and Raspberry Ripple ink and ink the raised part of the frame. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the frame.
4. Place the Crushed Curry card stock in the Pretty Print embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot machine.
5. Peel the backing off the dimensionals on the frame and adhere it to the center of the Crushed Curry embossed card stock. Adhere the Crushed Curry card stock to the top left corner of the Elegant Eggplant card stock, leaving a small border on the top and left side.
6. Cut 2 pieces of ribbon. One should be about 6" and the other should be about 5 1/2" long. Adhere those to the Elegant Eggplant card stock allowing the ribbon to cross as shown in the picture.
7. Thread floss through the button holes and tie. Add glue dots to the back of the button. Press the button at the corner where the ribbons cross.
Add the card front to a card back and you are ready for the inside. Add a greeting or a note.

Why do I always add my card front to a card back instead of just using a solid 8 1/2" piece of card stock and folding? Actually, I've got a couple of reasons. My first reason is that I want to be able to add embellishments, like brads, to the card without having the ends or the backs to show through to the inside of the card. My second reason is because I like to use a variety of colors of card stock and I prefer to be able to send my greeting or note on easier to read white card stock. For example, if I had used a sheet of card stock that was 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" with the Elegant Eggplant, I would have to add a lighter color to the inside for my message to be seen. Many of the cards that I send are to senior citizens and I want them to be able to read the message easily. On a dark card stock that would be difficult. My third reason is that that's just how I like to do it. I learned to do it that way years ago and I've just gotten used to doing it that way. What ever you do with your cards, the important part is that you make it be you. Have fun and express yourself to your friends! That's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment