So here is another card using the stencil for the tree background.
This time I used ink to stencil on the tree background. the other elements are from left over papers from other projects. Even though I am no longer a SU! Demonstrator, I still have tons of SU! products in my craft room. I love SU! I just can't afford to be a demo at this time. Anyway, when you see item numbers listed, you can assume that those are Stampin' Up! products. Many of them are from the current catalog but I do have items I will be using that are not listed in current catalogs at this time.
GCD Studios paper pack I used leftover bits and pieces from a pack that I bought at Big Lots years ago
1 piece 1 x 4 1/4" 2 pieces 1/4 x 4 1/4"
Ocher Vellum 2 1/2 x 4 1/4"
White card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
6 x 6 stencil from the Crafters Workshop
Subtles Candy Dots (#130933)
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (#128748)
Word Window punch (#119857)
Modern Label punch (#119849)
Baked Brown Sugar ink
Sponge Dauber (#102892)
1. Fold your white card stock in half at 4 1/4." Position the stencil over the card front. You might want to tape the stencil down as it is difficult to hold it in the Baked Brown Sugar ink pad. Holding the stencil in place, daub ink directly onto the stencil and card stock. Continue until the tree is completely inked.
2. Place adhesive down the center of the piece of vellum. Press the vellum onto the tree about 3/4" from the bottom. Depending on the adhesive you use, you will probably be able to see the adhesive through the vellum. That is one of the draw backs for using vellum paper.
3. Adhere the 1" wide piece of patterned paper across the center of the vellum and over the adhesive that may be showing. Adhere a 1/4" piece of patterned paper to each side of the 1" strip, top and bottom. You will no longer have any adhesive showing through.
4. The gcd studio paper that I used is double sided so I flipped a piece over and punched our a Modern Label punch. This will be a perfect color match for the card and other pieces of patterned paper. Stamp a greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Baked Brown Sugar ink. Punch it out with the Word Window punch. Adhere it to the top of the Modern Label punch. Adhere this to the center, right side of the 1" strip of patterned paper.
5. Add 3 Candy Dots to the left side of the patterned paper as shown on the card.
I absolutely love the Candy Dots from SU! I love using brads but I don't like the brad backs to show through on the inside of the card. I often bend the brads back on the card stock before I adhere the card front to the card base. With a card like this one that is made directly on the card base, the Candy Dots work perfect for the brad look. SU! has brads available that the Candy Dots will fit on and I have used those but it is not necessary to use them. The Candy Dots work great with out the brads!