Monday, January 13, 2014

God's Art Work



It's cold in my part of the world today, in the low 30's. I know for some that's just barely cool but for me here in Central Texas, that's a lot colder than I like! It was in the low 20's last night. So anyway, I'm feeling cold so I've given you this cold card. No matter what I think of the weather, it's still part of God's creations so I'll praise Him even when I don't like the temperature.

Materials needed:
Marina Mist card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
white card stock
Zoo Review stamp set (#122197)
Trust God stamp set (#126702)
Early Espresso ink
Early Espresso marker
Island Indigo ink
Versa Mark ink pad
Stampin' Emboss Powder clear (#109130)
Heat tool (#129053)
Large Oval punch (#119855)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

1. Stamp the polar bear image with Early Espresso ink on white card stock. Rub Versa Mark ink on top of the image. Sprinkle the embossing powder on top of the ink and heat until the powder melts.

Just to show you the difference in using clear embossing powder and just to stamp it on white card stock, I've got a picture to show you.
The bear at the top is just stamped in Early Espresso ink. The bear on the bottom has been embossed. The embossed image has more shine and the ink seems to pop out better.
2. Cut the bear around the outside of the image.
3.  Stamp the saying from the Trust God stamp set in Island Indigo ink on white card stock. Punch it out using the large oval punch. Rub the edges of the punched out image across the Island Indigo ink pad. IMO, this helps it to pop better.
4. Using your Early Espresso marker, draw some lines on the Marina Mist card stock to look like ice.. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the bear image and place it on the "ice."
5. Place dimensionals on the back of the saying and place it on the top left side.
6. Adhere this to a card base and you have a card that you could send to anyone who is one of God's special works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment