Friday, January 17, 2014

With Sympathy

I always find it hard to choose colors for a sympathy card. While I was satisfied with the colors for my element, I tried several different colors for the background piece before I was happy with it. I tried Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Whisper White and even black. I didn't want the card to look to morose but I didn't want it overly cheerful either. I decided that the So Saffron gave my card a more of a positive look without looking sunny (like other yellows might).

Materials needed:
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (#115370)
Serene Silhouettes stamp set (#127324)
So Saffron card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Very Vanilla card stock 2 1/4 x 3 3/4"
Smoky Slate card stock 2 1/2 x 4"
Basic Gray card stock 2 3/4 x 4 1/4"
Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impression embossing folder (#117335)
Early Espresso ink
1/2" So Saffron Grosgrain Striped ribbon (#113699)
Word Window punch (#119857)
Modern Label punch (#119849)
3/16" Corner punch (#119871)

1. Cut all your card stock to the sizes listed. Use the corner punch to round the corner on all of them except the So Saffron.
2. Place the So Saffron card stock in the Polka Dots embossing folder and run it through your Big Shot machine.
3. Place adhesive on the back of a 7" piece of ribbon. Adhere it to the right side of the card, vertically.
4. Stamp the tree image from Serene Silhouettes stamp set in Early Espresso ink on to the Very Vanilla card stock.
5. Adhere the Smoky Slate on top of the Basic Gray. Adhere the stamped Very Vanilla on top of the Smoky slate. Adhere these layers on the left handed center of the So Saffron.
6. Stamp the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set with Early Espresso on Smoky Slate card stock. Punch the greeting out using the Word Window punch. Punch out a Modern Label from Basic Gray card stock. Adhere the greeting on to the Modern Label punch.
7. Adhere the greeting punches on the top right side, overlapping the layered image and the ribbon.
8. Adhere this to a card base and add a greeting to the inside. Even though SU! has retired the God's Blessings stamp set (#114972), I still find it to be a set that has great sayings for many occasions. The one that I think goes well with a sympathy card is "May God's love heal your sorrow, and may His peace replace your heartache with warm and loving memories."

No comments:

Post a Comment