Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just for You card

I had been wanting to do something like this for a little while, so I finally just did it. I really like the watercolor look and I tried several different ways. I was not successful trying to use my watercolor crayons for this so after I did the background, I just did the image with my markers. I'll keep trying with my watercolor crayons & see if I can improve.

Materials needed:
Just Believe stamp set (#120453)
Aqua painter (#102954) or watercolor brush and water
Wild Wasabi card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" plus a small piece of scrap
White card stock 4 x 5 1/4" plus extra
Everyday Enchantment Organdy ribbon Lucky Limeade (#126060, retired)
Modern Label punch (#119857)
Word Window punch (#119857)
Markers or ink pads:
  Canjun Craze marker
  Old Olive marker
  Wild Wasabi marker
  Always Artichoke marker
  Marina Mist, either
Stampin' Dimenionals (#104430)

1. Do the watercolor background on white card stock first. Give it a few minutes to dry.
To do this, you can either mash an ink pad against the lid/top to put ink on the inside of the top(this works really well with the newer raised pads)

 or rub a marker on to the plastic top or another plastic surface. 


 Then use the aqua painter brush or a wet watercolor brush to swish a bit of water onto the ink.

 Pick ink up with the brush and smear or swish it onto the white cardstock.

 I did the top with Marina Mist, the middle with always Artichoke and the bottom with Wild Wasabi.
It's not necessary to totally cover the card stock with the color. You can also let the 2 shades of green to blend together on the card stock. You can also do this on watercolor paper, if you prefer.
2. Rub the image from the Just Believe stamp set with the markers. I used Canjun Craze for the flower portions, Always Artichoke for the stems and grasses and Old Olive for the leaves. After the stamp is colored, huff on it to reactivate the ink, then stamp on white card stock.
3. Cut out the image around the outsides of the colored leaves and flowers. Place Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the cut out image. Adhere it to the left side of the painted card stock.
4. I wanted a delicate looking ribbon and I still had some of this organdy left from a couple years ago. Tie a bow in the ribbon. Then cut the length to cover the card, about 10".  Adhere the ribbon on the right side of the card front with adhesive or glue dots.
5. Stamp the greeting from the Just Believe stamp set on white card stock. Punch it out with the Word Window punch. Punch the Modern Label punch out of Wild Wasabi card stock. Adhere the white onto the Wild Wasabi. Adhere both on the top right of the card front, overlapping the ribbon.
6. Adhere the white card stock on to the Wild Wasibi card stock and have the edges showing around it. Adhere the whole card front onto a card base and add your message to the inside.

***Just a tip: You always want to buy items that you can get lots of use out of. I have found the one stamp set that I use over and over again is the Teeny Tiny Wishes (#128748) and the Word Window punch and the Modern Label punch. Every one of the greetings in the Teeny Tiny Wishes set will fit in the Word Window punch, as well as, greetings in many other sets. The Modern Label punch just adds a nice touch to help the greeting stand out.


No comments:

Post a Comment