This is the background that I made a few days ago when I was first learning the Batik technique. I don't like to waste things, even when I've made a mistake. So today's card is using the mistake background for a unique card.
Raining Flowers stamp set (#122767)
Really Good Greetings stamp set (#130333)
Framelits Labels dies (#125598)
Melon Mambo card stock
Coastal Cabana card stock
White card stock
Primrose Petals In Color ink
Gumball Green In Color ink
Pistachio Pudding In Color ink
3/8" Stain Stitched ribbon Gumball Green (#126848)
Decorative Label punch (#120907)
Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
Background card stock made here
1. Stamp the flower from Raining Flowers stamp set in Primrose Petals ink on white card stock. Cut out.
2. Cut out a 3 1/4" Framelits Label die from Melon Mambo card stock and a 2 1/2" die from Coastal Cabana card stock. Adhere the Coastal Cabana label die cut on top of the Melon Mambo die cut.
3. Stamp the greeting from the Really Good Greetings stamp set in Primrose Petals ink on white card stock. (Note: I often use this greeting on the inside of birthday cards.) Punch the greeting out using a Decorative Label punch. Add Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the greeting and place in the center of the Coastal Cabana die cut.
4. Adhere ribbon across the top of the background card wrapping the ends around the back.
5. Adhere the flower image to the top left side of the card, overlapping the ribbon. If the flower sticks out over the card edge a bit, trim it off to even with the edge of the card.
6. Adhere the label die cut stack that you made on to the right hand side of the card.
7. Adhere the card front to a card base.
Always try to find ways to use your mistakes. You might come out with some of your best cards using mistakes. Besides, no one else will know that you made a mistake unless you tell them!