Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I'm Not Lion

Ok, so I know this is corny but I still think it's cute for a birthday card!

Materials needed:
Zoo Review stamp set (#122197
Old Olive card stock 2 1/2 x 3 1.2"
Greenhouse Gala patterned paper (#117167)
White card stock
Crushed Curry ink
Old Olive ink
Candy Dots Brad Bases (#132293)
Regale Candy Dots (#130932)
Always Artichoke marker
Xeron Little X 
Ravie font

1. Stamp the lion image on white card stock with Crushed Curry ink. Cut out around it. Adhere it to the center of the Old Olive card stock.
2. Adhere that to the bottom left side of the patterned paper leaving about a 3/8" border. 
3. On your computer, use the Ravie font to print your greeting on white card stock at a font size of 48. Also print "I'm" from the Ravie font in a size 18. Cut these out and run them through your Little X sticker maker or put adhesive on the back. Place the "I'm Not" across the top of the patterned card, above the lion. Place the "Lion" on the right hand side, slightly below the "I'm not" and slightly overlapping the top right corner of the lion piece. 
4. Punch holes in the top left and bottom right corners of the embellishment. Insert brads with a dark yellow candy dot in these.
5. Use the Always Artichoke marker to draw lines under and around the lion so he doesn't look like he's floating in thin air.
6. Adhere the card front on a card base. 
7. On the inside of the card, I stamped a birthday greeting from an old SU! set that I've had for years. Above that, I adhered the "I'm" greeting to complete the not lion thought. Of course, if you are familiar with your printer program, you could print the entire inside greeting.
   Ok, I don't know why this looks gray. I have a new printed/scanner so maybe I didn't do something quite right. This is really on white card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment