For today's card, I'm giving you a link to another blog. This is My Thoughts Exactly Stamps. Last week, she had a how to on braiding. I took her tutorial and did some braiding. Here is her link. You'll want to follow her directions on the braiding.
I put these braids on a gate fold card. Go to my gate fold link for those directions. Sorry I'm having you click on so many links today.
Rich Razzleberry card stock
Daffodil Delight card stock
International Bazaar patterned paper (#126920)
Whisper White card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
1. Cut 2 pieces of the colored card stock at 1/2 x 6" for each of the 2 colors. Follow the directions for braiding found on the link for My Thoughts Exactly Stamps.
2. Fold and score the white card stock and make the gate fold card according to the directions for the gate fold link.
3. Cut 2 pieces of the patterned paper 2 1/8 x 5 1/2" each. Adhere these on the front side of the gate fold card.
4. Adhere the braided chevrons to the 2 sides of the gate fold card. Be sure to put lots of adhesive on these as they are a bit heavier than we usually place on our cards.
5. Add your greeting to the inside.
Do this in black and orange and you can use it for a Halloween card!
It takes a little bit more time folding the chevrons than some other cards but it gives us a different look. It's something you might want to try.