Friday, August 29, 2014

A Different Way to Use a Doily

I love the look of doilies. It always reminds me of the Victorian age when ladies were always very proper. Not that ladies have to always be proper! I'm certainly not! But sometimes, I just like that look.
Materials needed:
Flower Shop stamp set (#130942)
Patterned paper (This is from Kalioscope from SU! It's been retired for a few years. I'm just trying       to use up some of my papers.)
Pumpkin Pie ink
Melon Mambo ibnk
Brights Brads (#119740)
Word Window punch
Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set

On this first card, I have the doily set in the center which is what you will see most often. I placed the flowers with colors to match my patterned paper in the center. This looks perfectly fine but sometimes, I want something different.

On this card, I didn't want to cover up the beautiful butterfly on the paper but I still wanted to use a doily. I folded the doily in half and place it on the patterned paper. After adhering it, I cut the excess half off even with the paper. It gives a different look using the same stamps and colors.

I hope you like seeing things a little different some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment